Sunshine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

This pen was requested for someone very special. I was asked to make a pen in shades of Yellow, looks like sunshine to me with Yellow Swallowtail butterfies fluttering by.

Attachments

• DSC09383.jpg
    DSC09383.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 545
  • DSC09391.jpg
    DSC09391.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Toni, another beauty, you just amaze me....you've brought pen making to a completely different level, no turning just using you artistic abilities...

jskeen

Wow, That's Bright! ok, so my question is, did you have a selection of yellow canes stashed somewhere to just pull out on request, or did you make up a couple and add in a couple of stock slices? Or is the base coat being yellow enough to bleed that much color through translucent slices to make them look like that first step into the daylight after a 3 day bender?

It's cool however it's done!

jttheclockman

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH This is just not fair. You are playing in another league:bulgy-eyes:. There are no other adjectives to describe your work that have not been used. I will just end with FANTASTIC. I am taking my pens and going home now.:frown:

Toni

Thank you everyone!!

James~
did you have a selection of yellow canes stashed somewhere to just pull out on request, or did you make up a couple and add in a couple of stock slices?

Yep I do, I use those plastic tackle boxes to store my canes in. Usually I have what someone wants. The base color is yellow just in case any base color shows through.

John~
This is just not fair. You are playing in another league

and what league would that be? LOL I really miss bowling, first thing that came to my mind when you said league. I love your pens!!!

Toni

Chris~thank you for the complement if you start using a thesaurus I am going to need to get out a dictionary..LOL

Thank you Jennifer, John,Bree and Snyiper!!

bgibb42

Just amazing!

I saw your pens on another site before you posted them here, and I was so impressed, I had to try to make a cane of my own, to see if I could. I made a couple of attempts, but always managed to distort everything beyond repair. You make it look way too easy!:)

Toni

Johnnycnc~thank you for the complements on my pens!! Loving it here

PenMan1~LOL been called a queen but not of clay:biggrin:

Thank you Gary,VisExp!!

Jgrden~I havent been called "kiddo" in years!!:) Thank you!!!

LOL Eric you picked out everything in that pen, good eye:eek:

bgibb42~My first canes were pretty bad as well, I tried a face cane..LOL now that was funny distorted!! Dont give up you will get the hang of it!!

cnirenberg

Toni,
I saw this yesterday, but didn't get a chance to comment. That is a fantastic looking pen, I really like the 3D effect it has. Truly art.

workinforwood

That is amazing Toni. Someone should teach you how to do a 1 piece nib twist slim. Or..you could simply make the upper section a 1/4" longer than the tube, so that the ugly center ring is no longer needed.

Toni

Cris~thank you.

Jeff~can you explain this to me? a little on the clueless side. how will it twist? I would love to give it a go!!

Jgrden

Johnnycnc~thank you for the complements on my pens!! Loving it here

PenMan1~LOL been called a queen but not of clay:biggrin:

Thank you Gary,VisExp!!

Jgrden~I havent been called "kiddo" in years!!:) Thank you!!!

LOL Eric you picked out everything in that pen, good eye:eek:

bgibb42~My first canes were pretty bad as well, I tried a face cane..LOL now that was funny distorted!! Dont give up you will get the hang of it!!
Your picture gave you away.

Top Bottom