Sunflower Love

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

This is a very simplistic design for me:eek: It was VERY difficult to make leaving all that blank canvas just screaming at me to cover it up!! But I held back and made the blank that I had on my mind.

Hope you love it any feedback greatly appreciated!! As always thank you for looking!!

1_10690070_10203147115180637_6302188426494454654_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Toni
I am a big fan of the less-is-more look and this pen absolutely excels. I'm also a fan of the Jr. Emperor and wonder what this blank would look like on the Rhodium & Black Ti hardware. The flowers would jump off the pen. Subtle class. Just personal taste.
I finally got one of your other blanks from Ed and it had a new owner before the lathe even stopped spinning.
Always a fan!
Bob

Toni

Less IS more! I have loved your work for the past five years, I think this may be one of your very best!:):):)

Oh WOW such a complement thank you!!

Toni
I am a big fan of the less-is-more look and this pen absolutely excels. I'm also a fan of the Jr. Emperor and wonder what this blank would look like on the Rhodium & Black Ti hardware. The flowers would jump off the pen. Subtle class. Just personal taste.
I finally got one of your other blanks from Ed and it had a new owner before the lathe even stopped spinning.
Always a fan!
Bob

Before the lathe stopped spinning thats something else. Glad to hear it sold, wish I could have saw a picture of it. I love seeing the finished pens!!

Charlie_W

That is a WOW blank and pen! The flowers really jump out with the black background. I agree with the less is more!
Always good to see more of your work!

OKLAHOMAN

Toni, just my humble opinion but to my eyes, I have to agree with Chris and Bob less is best. All your blanks are top notch but this one screams class

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Another of the same!

I think the spaces between the slices are very complimentary (I.e., the slices "have their day."). At times, the minute detail of your PC slices get obscured in the competition of the other slices. Not sure if I'm being clear... But, I would rather have 5-9 clean slices with a complimentary background, rather than15-20 slices all compressed and competing for attention.

And now I'll contradict what I just said... Your blanks that are 95 % slices with little background are also beautiful...

The best of both worlds ???

bobleibo

Less IS more! I have loved your work for the past five years, I think this may be one of your very best!:):):)

Oh WOW such a complement thank you!!

Toni
Always a fan!
Bob

Before the lathe stopped spinning thats something else. Glad to hear it sold, wish I could have saw a picture of it. I love seeing the finished pens!!

Sold ???? :confused: Now that's funny. It's the yellow bumble bee blank. The new owner only allows me to look at it these days.

Dale Allen

Very nicely done Toni.
As a clay user, I am especially impressed with the ability to get all of the black areas to stay black. Mine always have little bits of other colors in there. But I don't know how they get there?
Keep up the great work.
Don't ever make your best one, just the best one yet!

Dale

Brian G

I like the blank areas because it gives me the depth perspective of the butterfly leaving the little yellow flowers in the distance and heading toward the big flower in the foreground.

wyone

Well I have to say.. I have tried to make some clay blanks and while they were colorful, the artistry that you have was NOT in mine. I am impressed with your talents and wish I could get the talent in your fingertip. That would be like 1000% increase for me. :) :)

tgsean

That is simply awesome. I too like simple and elegant, and this pen has both.

Good on ya.

Cheers,
Sean

plantman

Toni; Outstanding as always !!!!! I think the spaceing you have made between objects makes the eye focus on the beauty of each piece and placement, and lets oneself make up their own story about what is happening with their placement on the pen. You not only excede as a craftsperson, but also as a true artist in design and color. Thank you for shareing with us mear mortals !!! Jim S

Toni

Thank you so much for the feedback and complements. This design is still in the testing stages as there are a few issues with the design. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Thank you so much!

JohnU

Hi Toni! I Love to see your work and this one is right on top with the others. I like the idea of showing off a little more background. I think it allows the flowers to "pop" a little more with the metal accents. It all just works very well together. Great artistic vision! Keep up the great work!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mmmmmm..........not bad, I suppose......

Just being stupid Toni...of course I'm in agreement with everyone. Personally, I think it's your best ever. Well done, hot stuff!!! :)

Top Bottom