Sunday Surprises

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I was pouring some blanks this morning and had mixed a little more than I needed so I started looking for another pvc mold. I noticed a piece of pvc in a pile of stuff on a shelf and grabbed it. To my surprise it had a blank still in it so I knocked it out and found a deep blue blank. I do not remember pouring it. I decided to make a gun metal rollester with it.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

I then noticed a piece of multi colored wood that I had used to to experiment with dye and cactus juice. It was fairly ugly so I had never turned. I decided to turn it round to see what it looked like since I was feeling lucky. I liked the look so I made a slimline with it.

image.jpg

Not too bad for stuff that was just laying around.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

First he finds a treasure that he doesn't remember making (must have stole it, tube and all, from his buddy's house) ....

And then we find out he's a mad scientist in the making ... (experimenting with dyes, pressure pots, and strangely shaped flasks) ...

I say we nominate him for sainthood, so we can pray to have luck like his every day!

Cwalker935

Nice pens. :biggrin:

Do you like the rollester kit? I've never made one. Yours looks awesome.

Rod

The rollester has a nice feel and writes nicely. I am not a fan of the appearance but a lot of female family members and acquaintences really like it.

Cwalker935

:musical-note:Some guys have all the luck.:musical-note:

By Rod Steward.

Love the look of that slim line. How did you combind the CJ and dye?

I mixed a couple of drops of Douglas and Sturgess Dyes with the cactus juice in dropper bottles, covered each side of a punky piece of woof with drops (letting it soak in overnight before switching sides), pressurized, and then heated.

Top Bottom