Sunday Afternoon siestas, err sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Here is a picture of two sierras from Sunday afternoon. One is rattlesnake skin (can you guess which one) and the other is tawney spalted swirly maple burl...think the seller on ebay got enough adjectives in front of maple burl?:D Enjoy and comments welcome.

20062214117_sierra%20duo.jpg

do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Thanks to all who commented. The spalted maple is really nice, but half of the blank is pretty punky. I like the way it turned out, but the snake skin is my favorite. It is one I cast in the pressure pot.

Tubby: You've seen these blanks prior to becoming a pen

Thanks Fangar, I think they are looking better also. The effort and $$ for the pot is paying off.

PastorBill: A couple of cool pens is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon after church and lunch. Thanks.

Frank: I've not noticed any problems with the sierra that would keep me from making them. I think they are great pens and they sell nicely..l.a good way to use the shorter blanks. I've read what others have posted but not seen the problems.

Thanks to the rest of you also: Dario, Micky, Jim15, UKpenkeeper, gerry, JimGo, and Johnathan

Do a good turn daily!
Don

mick

Fantastic pens Don...I woulda bought some of the TSSMB but by the time i got through reading the desciption I forgot why I was looking [:D]

its_virgil

Thanks Mick...I was the same way....could of just called it spalted maple burl...oh well, it turned out nice.

Serge...thanks and its only warm enough to BBQ in Oz land...we are finally having our winter...high Sunday was 30...but my shop was nice and warm...I turned in shorts...no leg comments please.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by mick
<br />Fantastic pens Don...I woulda bought some of the TSSMB but by the time i got through reading the desciption I forgot why I was looking [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom