Sun Set Cactus Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I was so blown away by Curtis's Cactus pens I had to try to cast one. This my first attempt at one. If you have not tried one, let me tell you it is not as easy as he makes it look. there is about 2 or 3 hours of just cleaning before you can even start the fun stuff (not to mention the week spent looking for the right piece). Any comments are welcome and thanks for looking.
And THANKS to Curtis for all his help so far with the Alumilite and the inspiration:handshake:.

Attachments

• cactus pen 025.jpg
    cactus pen 025.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 256
  • cactus pen 031.jpg
    cactus pen 031.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 160
  • cactus pen 024.jpg
    cactus pen 024.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I have not tried one, but have been meaning to. When I do I hope it turns out as half as good as yours. That is a sharp looking pen!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Cleaning? what do you mean? that is a really nice blank.

What he means is that he cast this blank himself and is talking about all of the cleaning of the cactus that has to be done before the material can even be cast.

The blank he used DID NOT come from me already made and ready to turn.

maxman400

Sorry! I should have Said "try to cast one" The blanks that you get and turn from Curtis is all done for you, all you have to do is build your pen. But I can attest that he has to put in more time building the blank than it takes to turn it. So if you are not in to thorns, ants, itchy stuff and dead cactus skin then you should call Curtis for a blank.

Top Bottom