The Sun God

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Symbol of the Egyptian Sun God RA, or everyone's worst nightmare being America's most popular lawn ornament! :biggrin:

I give you...the Pink Flamingo.

Attachments

• flamingo1.jpg
    flamingo1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 427
  • flamingo2.jpg
    flamingo2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 271
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

yes, it is 100% alumilite, and if you want one Hans, I'd suggest contacting my sales manager as everything is handled by her. She will have some approx May 2nd. This would not be a sales thread, and so you'll have to wait as I do not want to create a violation, sorry.

louie

Jeff, nice job as usual.

BTW, I printed out all of your magazine articles and read them on the train to work today. Great explanation of your techniques. Not only are you a great artist, but excellent teacher as well. Thanks for sharing.

CaptG

Awesome job as usual Jeff. Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

Ya ever think of putting these little clay flowers around that flamingo? :)

PR_Princess

Jeff, this is very cool!! Love the colors!! I can't wait to get them! :cool:

I still can't believe how you can saw out something so delicate and tiny though. Just look at the legs on that flamingo! :eek: I would never be able to do that in a million years!!

Padre

A really 'bright' idea for a pen! It is lovely, and the colors are really cool.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Nicely done, Jeff!

One small point...Ra, the Egyptian Sun god, had the body of a man and the head of a falcon , with a disk, representing the sun, resting on the falcon's head.

workinforwood

Nicely done, Jeff!

One small point...Ra, the Egyptian Sun god, had the body of a man and the head of a falcon , with a disk, representing the sun, resting on the falcon's head.

That would be true. Seems what I read, the pink flamingo is the doorway or a symbol of the doorway to RA, something like that, not Ra itself. It does relate to it as a symbol somehow. I don't know much about it all, but I like the Mummy movies, and I liked the portrayals of Cleopatra in the Rome series.:biggrin:

I'll get to work on the polka dot panties shortly. :wink:

workinforwood

Apparently I am going to Florida for vacation last week of August. Sounds like that's going to be hot, especially down in the Key largo area.:rolleyes: I know I'd rather stay home, it's less work.

I do not own any lawn ornaments other than an old steel 3 bottom plow. I don't know why people put 500 plastic flamingo's on their yard. It must be some sort of a statement against something or someone, like I hate my neighbor and if I put 500 flamingo's on my front lawn then the neighbor will move...but how is the neighbor to sell his house when the prospective buyers see all those flamingo's?:biggrin:

Top Bottom