Summer Fields in Wahl Eversharp Style

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robert111

Robert111

This beautiful blank came from the nice folks, Ed and Dawn, at Exotic Blanks. This is the second W-E style pen that I've done, and I would love to figure out a way to incorporate a blind cap without spoiling its graceful lines so that I can make a W-E piston filler.

By the way, this is the first #5 Schmidt 7.7 mm that I've used. I like it very much and am hoping Mike (Mr. Indy) will restock. The wide wings give the nib some flair. The older #5 Schmidts are almost tubular, very boring.

Length capped 5 5/8" (142 mm)
Length uncapped 4 7/8" (123 mm)
Length posted 6 3/4" (172 mm)

Cap diameter 15 mm
Barrel diameter 14 mm (at widest point)
Section diameter 10.8

Weight 23 gm

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Summer Fields  001 (640x458).jpg
    Summer Fields 001 (640x458).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 564
  • Summer Fields 002 (640x413).jpg
    Summer Fields 002 (640x413).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 579
  • Summer Fields 007 (640x434).jpg
    Summer Fields 007 (640x434).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 566
  • Summer Fields 009 (640x462).jpg
    Summer Fields 009 (640x462).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 595
  • Summer Fields 005 (640x430).jpg
    Summer Fields 005 (640x430).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 604
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Really nice Robert, it's good to see some nice fountain pens on the SOYP again. To get the smooth fit between rings and pen body parts I am assuming you are using some base metal rings, smoothing to blend with the pen body then electro plating once smoothed and polished, is this so or are you using plated rings and turning the body to match OR.... just using solid gold rings?

I got my piston fillers in today and think it might be doable to make a blind cap with the size barrel you have, a thin wall cap but might be doable.

Robert111

WOW...Once again you make me want to put a for sale sign on all my tools!!!!

LOL Jason! Thanks!

stunning!

Thanks Shawn!

Great job!

Thanks Joe!

Very nice work Robert. love that material!
What are the bands made from?
Regards
John

Thanks John. The bands, unfortunately, are just brass. They look nice, but you can tell the difference if you look close. My choice would definitely be gold, but I'm not ready to learn plating.

That's awesome work.

Thanks Jim!

Wait..so Robert has special nibs and Brooks knew about them and got some too...the problem I see is that NO ONE told me about them

Ah, life is cruel Jason. :)

I like the gold ring at the top of the nib.

That one is gold and was highjacked from a Churchill or El Grande kit, I forget which.

Beautiful pen, I love the brass accents. Or at least I think it's brass
Great job,

Yep, you're right Don. Just brass.

Very nice.

Thanks Mike.

Just WOW!!!!!!!!

Hey Mark! Thanks! I need to look up your recent posts and see what you're making these days.

Excellent Robert. As you know, I am a fan of pens with decor. This is another fine example. Again....nice work.

Thanks Chuck! And a special thank you for showing be how the bands are done.

Really nice Robert, it's good to see some nice fountain pens on the SOYP again. To get the smooth fit between rings and pen body parts I am assuming you are using some base metal rings, smoothing to blend with the pen body then electro plating once smoothed and polished, is this so or are you using plated rings and turning the body to match OR.... just using solid gold rings?

I got my piston fillers in today and think it might be doable to make a blind cap with the size barrel you have, a thin wall cap but might be doable.

Thanks George. By now you know the bands aren't gold, just brass. Someday!

Yes, a small pen with a piston is in the works.

I'll be very interested to see what you do with the pistons.

Robert111

Beautiful as usual Robert! I got myself some of those schmidt nibs also. I hope they get more too!

Thanks Jonathan! Those nibs are really nice writers too. I'm VERY happy with the one I'm using and will probably send it off to be ground into a stub. Unfortunately, I have only three left, one of which will go to the next piston filler. .

Top Bottom