Stylus's for the family

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jlord

jlord

I made some stylus's for my daughter, son, & wife to use on their tablets.

Attachments

• Royal Blue Stylus with Chrome plated components 002 Large Web view.jpg
    Royal Blue Stylus with Chrome plated components 002 Large Web view.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Stylus with Lightning Blank 001 Large Web view.jpg
    Stylus with Lightning Blank 001 Large Web view.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Gold & Brown Stylus assembled with Chrome plated components 002 Large Web view.jpg
    Gold & Brown Stylus assembled with Chrome plated components 002 Large Web view.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Beasley

Good job. Just got through with a couple myself. Just got the tips and put them on slimlines for a combo pen. Found I needed to make a press bushing to install them. Used a 7mm hole in an ebony cutoff, worked just fine.

jlord

Good job. Just got through with a couple myself. Just got the tips and put them on slimlines for a combo pen. Found I needed to make a press bushing to install them. Used a 7mm hole in an ebony cutoff, worked just fine.
Thanks Gary,
Craft Supplies sells the bushing to install the trim ring.

Gary Beasley

Hey James, heres what a combo from a slim kit looks like done up as a single barrel. Turned it between centers with no bushings, what a pain with no brass on one end.

Attachments

• dogwood-stylus-pen.jpg
    dogwood-stylus-pen.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 94

jlord

Hey James, heres what a combo from a slim kit looks like done up as a single barrel. Turned it between centers with no bushings, what a pain with no brass on one end.
Looks good Gary. I have some kits that are just the stylus tip. I need to convert them to fit the larger tubes for finials as I don't turn many 7mm pens.

Rick P

Here ya go........

Attachments

• Royal%20Blue%20Stylus%20with%20Chrome%20plated%20components%20002%20Large%20Web%20view.jpg
    Royal%20Blue%20Stylus%20with%20Chrome%20plated%20components%20002%20Large%20Web%20view.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 86

Gary Beasley

Looks good Gary. I have some kits that are just the stylus tip. I need to convert them to fit the larger tubes for finials as I don't turn many 7mm pens.

The 7mm makes a good slip fit into an 8mm tube so it should be easy to adapt to an 8mm kit with the help of some thick CA. Bigger would take multi sized holes, say 7 on one end of a blank with say a 10 part way through from the other end. Love to see what you come up with.

Rick P

No worries.......

The center one is too small for me to do much with, here is your third pic, with some minor adjustments.

Attachments

• Gold%20%26%20Brown%20Stylus%20assembled%20with%20Chrome%20plated%20components%20002%20Large%20We.jpg
    Gold%20%26%20Brown%20Stylus%20assembled%20with%20Chrome%20plated%20components%20002%20Large%20We.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 70

jlord

The 7mm makes a good slip fit into an 8mm tube so it should be easy to adapt to an 8mm kit with the help of some thick CA. Bigger would take multi sized holes, say 7 on one end of a blank with say a 10 part way through from the other end. Love to see what you come up with.
I turn mostly Cigars & Wall St II's, Sierra's sized pens. I might have to turn an adapter to fit. The stylus does have a 1/4" stud so maybe just take the Wall St finial apart then drill it out to fit the stylus tip. I saw that tip on another forum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom