Stunning Churchill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

I usually altar the cap and post finials on this kit, but this blank seemed to scream "don't steal my thunder", so I left it as is.
The blank is from CSUSA: Pen Makers Choice Mosaic Acrylic Pen Blanks | Pen Making | Craft Supplies USA
It is very prone to blowout and breaking at the "seams". I even received one broken in half. Be sure to drill SHORT of all the way through (ask me how I know this), paint tubes (I used black) and use light cuts. It turns very nice, however and finishes beautifully.

Attachments

• churchill click 017 - Copy.jpg
    churchill click 017 - Copy.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 614
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kaspar

Very nice work.

The blank is from CSUSA: Pen Makers Choice Mosaic Acrylic Pen Blanks | Pen Making | Craft Supplies USA
It is very prone to blowout and breaking at the "seams". I even received one broken in half.

Thanks for mentioning this. It confirms what I'd been thinking about using those for custom work. I was looking forward to doing one, until I actually had it in hand, and saw how weak it looked at the seams. Pity. Appearance wise, it would make a fine kitless.

Just a clarification that I will recommend this blank to all and will order many more. Still, you need to take care in drilling and turning. This blank makes a wonderful finished piece.
THESE BLANKS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH EXOTICS....

Last edited:

Kaspar

Just a clarification that I will recommend this blank to all and will order many more. Still, you need to take care in drilling and turning. This blank makes a wonderful finished piece.

Agreed. I'm sure it works wonderfully in a kit, and it's a very striking look. When- I just saw the new expected delivery date so I guess I should say, If they get the "fig" color in, I will get a few.

Agreed. I'm sure it works wonderfully in a kit, and it's a very striking look. When- I just saw the new expected delivery date so I guess I should say, If they get the "fig" color in, I will get a few.

Spoke with Ed the other day, they had them then...email him, he may have what you need.

Top Bottom