Stump to pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gokartergo

gokartergo

I usually don't show pics of my pens.. But this one has a story.. Yes I could have done better on the ends. I need to work on my photography. The first picture is when I picked up the stumps..A few months ago I picked these stumps up. Over two hours away from me. Many,many hours of work, Chain saw blades and band saw blades. The kit is a Arizona Silhouette Sterling silver.. Thanks

IMG_7709_rev1_resized1.jpg

PICT0108.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Nice stumps and a great looking pen. Ive been eyeballing a large stump at a tree shredding place near me. Im going to have to get that thing!

karlkuehn

Banned
I know what you mean about eating up blades. I brought home some spalted walnut root burls the other day, and I swear there's more rocks than wood in there, but the wood is magnificent! Beautiful pen! :)

Man, that is a whole lotta red background. My eyes are bleeding from staring at it! heh Is that one of the rocks from the stump? [:p]

Grizz

Banned
You mean out of all that stumpy wood, you got one gorgeous pen out of them? Wow. [:p]

GoodTurns

Originally posted by Grizz

You mean out of all that stumpy wood, you got one gorgeous pen out of them? Wow. [:p]
One stump for cap, one for the barrel, one for practice:D
spent a week sharpening the gouge he used to round it!

gokartergo

Originally posted by GoodTurns

Originally posted by Grizz

One stump for cap, one for the barrel, one for practice:D
spent a week sharpening the gouge he used to round it!

Yep,, But got a lot of fire wood.. I don't like sharing..LOL Actually that was the day I met Nolan.. I won these on Ebay for .02.. I took a couple home and Nolan came down with a big rig and took the rest.. I think he got around 10 stumps.. Always fun meeting new people..

rhahnfl

You're making me re-think burning the wax myrtle stump I pulled up last weekend. Maybe, just maybe there could be something like that hiding in there? I might have to wash it off with the hose some more and look to see if there is any promise...then find a place to hide it long enough to dry it out. ;):D

gokartergo

Ordinarily I would sell some. But that is what Nolan does for a living. This is not what I do for a living.. He also had to pay for the gas for a big rig to go down and pick it up. I might be doing a IAP fund raiser with some thou.. Thanks Dan

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I try to be fair . I'll watch for Nolan to sell some , and I'll watch for a Fund Raiser too . Those are some nice stumps . You guys did good ! [8D]

Top Bottom