A study in contrasts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ted iin Michigan

We all know how the choice of pen body type can influence the "mood" of a pen. I was thinking if I could take a pen that is trypically marketed to a specific gender and change it to the opposite. Here's what I got:

The PSI Vertex (a real good seller for me) normally goes to Guys - masculine stuff. So I normally dress it up (chrome or gun metal - no gold - ugh!) in a wood like Zircote, Tamboti, etc. Or I give it an acrylic like this: (it's called "my 2 cents" from Exotic Blanks)
attachment.php

To "change" genders, I tried the satin version and styled it up like this: (it's called "pink sky" from PSI, I believe)
attachment.php

Thoughts?

Just an exercise.

Attachments

• vertex - masc.jpg
    vertex - masc.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 462
  • vertex - fem.jpg
    vertex - fem.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kingkeyman

I love them, and I've tried the same approach, but my wife tells me that there is no way that she or any of her friends would purchase a vertex pen.
They are just not for girls.

OZturner

Ted, for my 2 cents, I think you have a Pen that will cross the Gender Barrier.
True there are a number of, Ladies, who will not necessarily look twice at it, because the structure of the kit is a little rugged, and considered "Masculine".
But one should consider for example, that Denim Jeans were once the province of Males.
Occupations like Cabinet Making, Automotive Mechanical Repairs, Commercial Aircraft Pilots, Armed Services, Mechanical and Civil Engineering, only to mention a few that not long ago were the considered the sole province of the Males.
But, now the Females have embraced these and numerous others.
So that now there is virtually no Gender Bias. Anything and Everything is up for grabs.
I believe there will be many Females, who will see the beauty of the Vertex, and want to have it.
I will now stand back and wait for the Blast.
BTW Great pens Ted.
Brian.

All - Thanks for the comments. As. Brian notes above, I will now sit back and wait (to see if there are any xx chromosome types that like the pink pen. Will report my findings.

Top Bottom