Struck Gold!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mickey

Mickey

Bet that got your attention. :)
Hope it looks as good as it sounds..
This is a PSI Art Deco done in Tru-Stone Black with Gold Matrix from RandB Crafts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgibb42

That is a great looking pen. I'm not crazy about those components, but you made them look really good. Nicely done!

phillywood

Mickey, very nice job. I like the way the kit compliments the gold in the trustone. they go together nicely, another well balanced visuall nice looking pen. BTW, for newbie, is that a real stone, or just the name of the materail. I have access to some stone guys here in town that I can get soem scraps from. and even saw dust when they grind the stone to custom make the salbs for their customer, just didn't know if we can really turn real stone with our cutters. or carbide?

Rfturner

The pen looks great that blank helps alittle at toning down the kit.

...BTW, for newbie, is that a real stone, or just the name of the materail. I have access to some stone guys here in town that I can get soem scraps from. and even saw dust when they grind the stone to custom make the salbs for their customer, just didn't know if we can really turn real stone with our cutters. or carbide?

Trustone is crushed stone(pulverized) that has been mixed with resin and it is easier to turn than the actual stone. Trustone comes in about 20+types. it is available from most of the suppliers I know that PSI sells them but they aren't always the cheapest. type in Trustone on google and you will be able to find the cheapest sources pretty easily

phillywood

Trustone is crushed stone(pulverized) that has been mixed with resin and it is easier to turn than the actual stone. Trustone comes in about 20+types. it is available from most of the suppliers I know that PSI sells them but they aren't always the cheapest. type in Trustone on google and you will be able to find the cheapest sources pretty easily[/quote]

ok, am i understanding you correctly that real stone like granite and like are not easy to turn on the lathe and our type of tuning tools are not capable of turning them?

Top Bottom