A stripper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yep, formed from STRIPS of paua shell. Dawn painstakingly glued each one in place, then cast it in polyresin. Apparently this technique was mentioned recently on Rich's site, so she wanted me to post the pen to show what hers looks like.

(I guess this is part of the old, "You show me yours, and I'll show you mine" syndrome)

Comments welcome, but remember she is a frail little thing!!!

2007115152352_Paua%20stripnet.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />
Comments welcome, but remember she is a frail little thing!!!

Ed, is the comment in reference to the pen?[;)] Or your psyche? Where's Cav when you need a zinger[?]

-Peter-[:)]
That pen is gorgeous, no kidding about it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking
<br />
Originally posted by jtate
<br />WOW, I'd keep that woman if I were you! You don't often get one that talented!

This is why Ed does as he is told when it comes to Dawn. He wants to be kept too![:p]

Mike, you have no idea how many times I was "reminded" about this pen and the necessary picture-taking this weekend!!!!!!! I was SOOOOOOOooooooo happy for the additional project in the middle of trying to get prepared for two MONSTER shows in 10 days, starting Wed.
[;)][;)][;)][;)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

But, it really IS a unique-looking pen (and I know she spent HOURS getting the strips to line up and JUST FILL the tube circumference. So, of course, she wants to show off, at least a little.[:p][:p][:p]

alamocdc

Ed, that is truly a beaut! I started a similar attempt about 14 months ago, but thus far have not had that kind of success. I bow to your mastery (botha ya's).[:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Billy.

I just watch them spin in little circles and take off the stuff that doesn't look like a pen!!

Dawn, on the other hand, is an artist with patience!!!!
(And sticky fingers[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D])

Daniel

WOW nice pen!
I have some pieces of MOP and been wanting to try something like this with it.
I also happen to have one of the limited edition Emperor pens (the black titanium version) I'm thinking this would be worth trying on it.
any pointers on how to do it would be appreciated.
and by the way I know about the hazards with MOP.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Superb work'lady'ship [:D]( PC is a pain [}:)]) I was wandering how you cut the stuff and how thick it is. I'll bet it really shows its colours in the daylight. Well done Dawn, and Ed too I suppose, for not messing it up[:eek:)] Sorry Ed.

RONB

Passed Away Jan 17, 2011
In Memoriam
Beautiful pen!!! Something else I need to add to my list of things to try.Thanks for showing us.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks to everyone for your comments!!

Honestly, the material is probably from a jewelry supplier (we don't remember - we buy lots of "stuff" to experiment with, then it sits for a year or so before we get to try it.) After the shows are over, we will make an effort to find it, cause the pen IS pretty cool and I think I can sell it in the $300 ballpark ($400 with a gold nib) - that makes it WORTH digging for.

Turning it was a breeze, Anthony!!! I just closed my eyes and prayed!!! You know Dawn would not have been unhappy if I clipped a little off[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

Mikey

Ed, I don't know if anyone pointed this out, but you posted the wrong picture. You posted a picture of a really nice looking pen and you were supposed to post a picture of a stripper.[;)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Mikey
<br />Ed, I don't know if anyone pointed this out, but you posted the wrong picture. You posted a picture of a really nice looking pen and you were supposed to post a picture of a stripper.[;)]

Got your attention, didn't it????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom