Striped ash European

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

I had completely forgotten I had this stock. I cut up a storm damaged ash tree that had stood for years as basically a 7' tall tree that was over 30" in diameter. It's been in the basement for at least 10 years. Today I went into the shop and had no 220 electricity. I had to crawl back to get to the breaker panel (for some reason there is some wood stacked in the way) and saw this ash. Here is the first pen and also a shot of the blanks. I'm pretty sure this is a spalt that only set in the early grain of the growth rings. It does not involve the entire board, but is based on several years in the growth rings. I used a satin nickel kit and am really happy with the result.

Rich

200542331834_strippedash.jpg

20054233211_stripedashblanks.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Beautiful pen! Can't wait to see the other treasures you might find down there!!

low_48

I thought this might be fun, you guys have been so nice about the comments, but here is the route to the breaker box AFTER the cleanout![:I] Look between the pile on the left and the storeage in the back, that small gray panel is the breaker box. Almost sounded like the weight guessing segment in the movie "The Jerk", "well you can win anything between the Chicklets and the comb"........[:D]

Rich
200542316818_laundryroom.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom