stretched one piece stylus Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

402182_266349386758467_100001502242963_719981_400797355_n.jpg

Here is a stretched one-piece Slim I made with a stylus on the cap end. It's about 1/2 inch longer than a normal Slim, which makes a HUGE difference in the appearance. The clip has a black line on it like the Rockler Slims, tying the look together. I figured out how to stretch these a good bit, and I think that's where the one piece needs to be. I used just an odd handful of leftover parts from other projects to put it together. The black line on the clip is impossible to show right this second because I'm at Dad's and his scanner doesn't let me position the pen properly. I feel like this is the best route to go with a stylus tip, since there's not really a reason to not incorporate a pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Thanks! An odd side note: These stylus tips will not work on my Android phone unless you're touching the clip. I almost didn't make one when I accidentally discovered that fact. I don't know if that's a normal experience.

Drstrangefart

I like the look of this, sadly I've given up on one piece slimlines. I can't ever get on to drill out right...

What're you drilling them out with? I use a 6 inch fluted drill bit. It cuts surprisingly straight, and all it's ever been used on is wood and plastics for penturning. I go slow and clear out shavings a lot. It helps to have a tall-walled clamp to hold the blank as straight as possible.

Top Bottom