Stretch Shredded Money

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stevej72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevej72

After seeing Tim's (Tanner) Baron shredded money pen the other day I had to order some of the blanks. I did the first one with a Rhodium Stretch kit. I painted the tube with a dark green acrylic paint. I'm disappointed in the way it came out, so I didn't put it in Show off your Pens. I don't think the money blank really goes with the kit. I will try and get a new tube and put something better on it.

20081214117_01%2020%2008_0133.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Personally, I think that cast money needs a fairly thick application to look its best. Otherwise, you wind up with a lot of clear patches. Unless your background color is equally attractive, it detracts from the money. I had good success with cast money on cigar pens, bottle stoppers, a goose call, and even a refridgerator magnet. With a thin-walled kit, such as the tapa pacifica (which is very similar to a sierra), there just wasn't sufficient money density in the cast. In that application, I prefer to glue the money to the tube, which results in a much denser (but less recognizable) money pattern. I like to call it "money burl".

Regards,
Eric

Stevej72

Thanks for all the nice comments. It must just be me and I'm not real sure what it is that I don't like about it. I think Eric is right that a kit that leaves the blank a little thicker is better. I finished a Baron this morning and I like it a lot more. Will post pictures after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom