Strange Brew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This one is almost what I expected. (Excuse the fingerprints, please.)

200712732845_FauxMokumeClosed.jpg

20071273297_FauxMokumeOpen.jpg

Thanks to all who look and particularly to those who comment. [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
That is very unique. I can't quite decide if I like it or not. If the bronze was replaced with red, THAT would be an awesome blank to me.

GK
ps I'm partially color blind so what y'all see isn't what I see so please don't take offense!

alxe24

That is a very nice looking blank. At first it looks like a blend of real cooper with mild steel hammered togheter (can't remember the name of that proccess) I think starts with an M.
Great looking pen. Congrats

OKLAHOMAN

Lou,Very,Very nice but we all come to expect that from you, Alex I think the term your looking for is Mokume-Gane and your right it looks somewhat like it.
Lou 95%Metal powder with 5%resin blanks, am I close?
Originally posted by alxe24
<br />That is a very nice looking blank. At first it looks like a blend of real cooper with mild steel hammered togheter (can't remember the name of that proccess) I think starts with an M.
Great looking pen. Congrats

jskeen

Ok, I gotta ask. Is that one of those $20 blanks from ebay or something you cooked up yourself? And how was it to drill, turn and finish?

Beautiful work, either way.

James

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This is one of the over-priced blanks from eBay. While I think the blank is interesting, I have a feeling that we will see these mass-produced by Taiwan in a matter of a few weeks or months. The blanks were significantly heavier than normal polyester resin which I attribute to the significant amount of metal powder in them. Other than that, they turn like plastic, smell like plastic, polish like plastic and look like plastic. While I like the finished product, I'm not "blown away".

Thanks for your always generous comments. [8D]

OKLAHOMAN

Lou,thanks for the critique on these blanks. I also bought a couple to see what they were and will guarantee I won't be getting any more @$35.00 each.But your pen looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom