straight line turned ss pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from barrels

barrels

Hello To All,

I do not post often... so I thought I would show a pen.. The pen is made on a Plant Straight Line machine. The material is stainless steel polished prior to cutting the pattern. It is very hard to photograph the reflectivity of this kind of work. When you look at the pen it has a diamond pattern

comments welcome

Attachments

• iap 1.jpg
    iap 1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 210
  • iap 2.jpg
    iap 2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 272
  • iap 3.jpg
    iap 3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 123
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

barrels

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments

attached are photos of the straight line machine I used for this pen. The machine is made by a company called George Plant from England the machine was built around 1910. The machine is hand cranked and manual pressure is applied with the cutter to make the patterns

The first photo is the overall machine.

second is a up close of the pattern bar i am currently using,not the one for the pen shown.

third photo is showing the pen chuck and the slide that rocks back and forth via the pattern which move the pen chuck back and forth.

forth photo shows the pen chuck i made it has a worm drive at the top that i made to make controlled moves

fifth photo shows the cutter that makes the pattern

By the way the machine you see in the background is a Holtzapffel 1805 complex turning lathe

Attachments

• strline 1.jpg
    strline 1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 109
  • strline 2.jpg
    strline 2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 110
  • strline 3.jpg
    strline 3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 108
  • strline 4.jpg
    strline 4.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 117
  • strline 5.jpg
    strline 5.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
That is nice, but if you are ever looking to get rid of the Holtzapffel 1805, let me know and I will be happy to come down and pick it up.

luke39uk

Great quality pens Eric and many thanks for posting the photos.The method you employed to make the pens is so much clearer and easier to understand.Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Luke39uk.

Top Bottom