Straight from the bull

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Got a friend that really knows how to sling the bull. Well here is your opportunity to show them the appreciation they deserve. Straight from the back end of a Texas bull. Honest you can't make this crap up.[emoji90][emoji90][emoji90].

Stabilized bull poop and no it doesn't smell has a CA finish on a Jr Gent 2 in Rhodium and Gold trim rollerball.
780007702dc4ec0e7671c6f98983fea6.jpg
aff1c0fc09881e0f5f326441ee8a229c.jpg
72c8042792184b2c2dc1c63abbdc0ad2.jpg
efb499a0e22f55e81f815c68e94f4364.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hahahah, you just reminded me of a request/conversation I had some time ago with a guy that makes his living out of treating horse feet "Ferrier" and his idea of having to make blanks out of horse poo, this time were for knife handle blanks and he also likes to forge metal and make a few blades.

The last time I spoke with him, he wasn't sure if he wanted to go ahead with the idea or not, I know that he went as far as collect some "material" and put it in a bucket in his shed, I reckon, that experience has probably made him realise how unpleasant would be for me to have to handle that stuff, from drying (removing moisture), stabilising and then casting.

I have done a few types of animal poo, done bovine but never horses, though...! :)

The final results are all pretty identical unless you cast poo pebbles from kangaroos, etc., however, as the pebbles get turned out, the exposed material is identical after all is only grasses of various types...!

I applaud your attempt, it seems that you manage to handle the worse parts of the whole process, something that is not for everyone, congrats...!

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Looks very nice . Never done Texas bull but have done a lot of Alberta cow . First one I made I showed to10 people - 8 farmers/ranchers , a camp cook and a town mayor . Only the last two knew what it was . Sold the first one to a friend who gave it to his priest - not sure what was said in confession .

Best made from a well weathered dry pile that wasn`t made by an animal that was `as loose as a goose`, has seen its share of dung beetles , flies and various fungi , and gone through a number of wet/dry cycles . The more texture the better for casting with mica white or ruby red Alumilite , after it has soaked up about 10 times its weight of Cactus juice .

OZturner

Come on Phil, You have made a lot of Pens,
With Very Exotic Origins, But this a Really a Load of B.S.
I must send you some Pointers on maintaining your Personal Hygiene, and the Dangers of Inhaling Fecal Spore.
On the other hand, I think this Pen, is "S#&T" Hot,
Excellent Texture, and Colour,
and Carries a Magnificent Finish, without any Flies.
If only you could get your hands on some Mammoth Droppings, then that would be Something Else.
I wonder what you will turn up with Next?
Congratulations, my Friend.
Brian.

Top Bottom