The Storm and The Illusion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
These are my pens from the contest. All comments welcome.

The storm clouds and raindrops were carved into the barrels and after many experiments with color and translucency were filled with PR. Clip, CB and finials are all hand made Mokume with silver and copper. Nib was turned in wax and cast in sterling silver.

Illusion is segments carved into amboyna burl, filled with polymer clay, with CA finish.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Composite.JPG
    Composite.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,040
  • Illusion.jpg
    Illusion.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,055
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nicely done. Are you making the Mokume yourself?
Thanks Mike. Yes and no. I did take a class and made a billet from scratch. Still have a small piece of that left. I have also bought some of the bar stock from Rio Grande, but in both cases do all the twisting, slicing and rolling.

hewunch

Bruce, amazing work as always! I am so glad you explained further your segmented pen, as I was about to hang up my segmenting aspirations forever thinking you cut and glued all those pieces together.

jasontg99

Bruce,

This pen is so much more impressive in person. Thanks for the info tonight. Your wealth of knowledge is amazing and your walkthroughs were very much appreciated! I look forward to putting the information to use. :wink: :highfive:

Thanks again,
Jason

JohnU

Beautiful work on both! Imposible to decide which I like better. Your detail and precission to carry it out is over the top.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Bruce,

This pen is so much more impressive in person. Thanks for the info tonight. Your wealth of knowledge is amazing and your walkthroughs were very much appreciated! I look forward to putting the information to use. :wink: :highfive:

Thanks again,
Jason
Thanks Jason - Photography has never been my strong suit. Was great to meet you and Fred. Jonathan coming all the way from SC was an additional bonus. Always amazes me how far people will drive to talk pens but its very nice to put faces and personalities together with a screen name.

Brooks803

Bruce,

Thanks again,
Jason
Thanks Jason - Photography has never been my strong suit. Was great to meet you and Fred. Jonathan coming all the way from SC was an additional bonus. Always amazes me how far people will drive to talk pens but its very nice to put faces and personalities together with a screen name.

Lol...yeah I go a bit crazy sometimes. It was a nice drive and SOOOOO worth it! Seeing these two pens in person really inspired me Bruce so I thank you for that as well as talking kitless with us. I had alot of fun and I'd be happy to do it again.

PR_Princess

Just amazing pens Bruce!! From tip to tail, both are masterpieces! The wins well deserved...and oh, soo very very much overdue!!

Congratulations!!!
:worship::worship::worship:

PR_Princess

Bruce,

Thanks again,
Jason

Still waters, Jason, still waters....:wink::)

Bill Sampson

As noted on the Richmond site, Bruce presented "kittless 101" at our meeting on Thursday evening. No one wanted to leave and Bruce was patient to answer every question from the novice to experienced builders. The pens, as someone on this thread mentioned, are "stunning".
Thanks, Bruce for showing "kittless" at it's best.

Bill Sampson

Top Bottom