Stinky's choice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

267258_175573682502705_100001502242963_443819_3422186_n.jpg

263139_175573712502702_100001502242963_443820_6854537_n.jpg

My oldest one picked out the parts, kit, all that stuff. She helped with the roughing gouge on the lathe (I WAS guiding hands-on) until the nib end exploded and 2 slabs went flying. I managed to get it repaired before she freaked out, and finished it off, as I was REALLY sure it was super-fragile. She took care of most of the micromesh after the first 3 grits smoothed out the barrels. I had to assemble as the drill press I use for a pen press is quite far off the floor, and REALLY likes breaking pen barrels. The blank is from the box of cut-offs and stuff from Brooks.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Another great looking pen, Allen. Now that you have another family member hooked, you'll have to lay down some rules about lathe time and such, or you'll be fighting over who's turning when. Just kidding. It's good to get them started at an early age. My oldest grandchild would be about the same age, but she only likes to dig through the blanks to find the "pretty" ones and expects me to turn her a finished pen. I didn't exactly provide you all my cut-offs. I held back on the more feminine colors, but I now know someone that might like them.

Drstrangefart

Another great looking pen, Allen. Now that you have another family member hooked, you'll have to lay down some rules about lathe time and such, or you'll be fighting over who's turning when. Just kidding. It's good to get them started at an early age. My oldest grandchild would be about the same age, but she only likes to dig through the blanks to find the "pretty" ones and expects me to turn her a finished pen. I didn't exactly provide you all my cut-offs. I held back on the more feminine colors, but I now know someone that might like them.

No worries. I got enough to keep me busy for a good while.

Top Bottom