Still more cartride pens -- my first

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GaryMGg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMGg

These cartridges came from Gary Max and the tube is centered! :D

<s>Somethin' wrong with my photo -- it makes the pens look curved but they're not.</s>

They came out well. The finishes are deep and really shine.
One is outfitted with a flat black slimline wearing bubinga; the other is a chrome black wearing heavily spalted live oak.
Both have BLO/CA finishes buffed out with carnuba wax.
I thought the bubinga would look nice with the natural brass tube, so I took it back to natural.
Let's try another photo; same physical location, I turned the camera off then on again:

slimline308s_2.jpg

Comments and/or criticism welcome.
Thanks,
Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />Gary those look great. Glad you like the casings you got from me.
They're real nice; folks I showed them to plan to order some for gifts so the `like-em' factor is very good.
Thanks.
Gary

Scott

Hi Gary,

Cartridge pens just don't do much for me. But I like yours. Especially the Bubinga one. I like how you integrated the wood with something other than just straight, paralell sides. Still straight, but I like how you angled it to meet the diameter of the cartridge base. And you're right, the Bubinga goes well with the brass color. Nice!

Scott.

GaryMGg

Hi y'all,

I turned and tossed a couple of blanks aside and settled on this shape; I thought it worked best.
I must've had a subconscious influence from Eric.
Last night, after posting the pics I was searching for info on cartridge pens because, like Scott, they don't often strike me. In my search, I found this post:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22740

Clearly, I'd seen this shape before even if I didn't know I'd seen it.
Gary Max is preparing these really well. Anyone who orders some from him will be well pleased.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom