Still learning about reverse painting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

Here's my latest. And the best part, everything including the kit were freebies. The blank came from Brooks803, and the kit came from my trade buddy. (although my wife doesn't understand the free part. She thinks I'm financing Jonathon's next vacation. I told her to remember that the next time she comes home with a "FREE" pair of shoes because she bought 2 other pair.)

Reto1Bs.jpg

Reto1S.jpg

When I was getting ready to reverse paint the blank, I went back & forth between black & red. I ended up painting it a metallic orange. I was hoping it would make the red stand out a little. All it did was tone down the black. That's why it looks kinda gray on the top part. But it beats brass showing through.

The cap was fun to turn, and to me, it looks like a marble imbedded in the top of the pen. For that reason alone, I'm coming around to the retro style.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Good looking pen Bob. I actually like the way the black fades to grey in parts. The cap is a nice touch. I do that with most of the pens I make that it is possible on.

Your wife is likely right you are financing Jonathans next vacation.:biggrin:

MarkD

Awesome Pen! Great Job!
Johnathon's blanks are outstanding... I'm helping fund his next vacation too!

underdog

Hey... there's an idea, can some of you fund MY vacation? :tongue:

Luckily my wife doesn't question my expenditures out of my "shop account", so I don't get grilled about "freebies.":) In fact, she's quite happy to give the "freebie" blank pens away... (I did make her pay for the kit though.)

And by the way, that's a sharp looking pen....

Brooks803

Lol...Now that my vacation is being paid off now I just need to find the TIME to actually take it! I'm trying to squeeze some time to go to the DC pen show but we'll see.

I think you did a great job Bob. Fit N Finish are spot on! I guess on your other blank like this you'll be painting black? The end finial is a very nice touch too!

Top Bottom