Still learning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

1st pen is Walnut with a sticker from wally world and 8 coats of CA.
2nd one is Purpleheart.

Attachments

• DSC00844.JPG
    DSC00844.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00845.JPG
    DSC00845.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 152
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
That's a good looking finish. Did you use thin, medium or both? I don't know if it would work on a finished (CA finished) pen but I tried heating the purpleheart with a hairdryer and it turned back to a rich purple. You might try that with some scrap that has been finished before you try it on a pen. Nice work, be proud.
WB

Purple heart is so beautiful. It does change color when you finish it though. It is beautiful in both states though. I use a lot of it in my pens. These both came out well you should be proud of them.

Dan Masshardt

Cool. Pens that I finish with ca always come back to a nice purple after 2 or 3 days. I usually leave them on sunlight! Whether that helps or not who knows.

BSea

Nice Hog pen. Is that one of those face decals? I've been thinking of trying one of those. Good job.

As Dan said, leave the purple heart in the sun for a day or two. Just don't let it get hot. A window sill inside works. A car dash probably works too, but the CA finish probably won't like the heat too much.:rolleyes:

Be sure & bring those to the meeting next weekend. I won't be there, but I'm sure everyone else would like to see them.

Top Bottom