Still learnin' VIII & trying to fix stupid!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

Well, you can train & educate ignorance but it is hard to fix stupid! (one of my daddy's favorite sayings! lol) I don't know whether to blame errors on inexperience, arthritis, loss of dexterity, impatience or just plain ignorance! The razorback pen & the motorcycle was almost beyond salvaging! One more 64th" & i would have had to scrap these laser cuts! The Zebrawood worked out ok!

Attachments

• HOG.jpg
    HOG.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 261
  • MOTORCYCLE.jpg
    MOTORCYCLE.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 248
  • ZEBRAWOOD.jpg
    ZEBRAWOOD.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Nice Razorback pen!! The others are good too. What kit are you using for the lazer blanks? The reason I ask is that if you are using sierra kits, you might want to switch to a sierra vista kit. It is a little larger finished diameter, but uses the same tubes. It's used many times for sierra styled pens with casts like snake skins where you need a little more meat on the finished blank.

tim self

Nice pens. My recommendation to prevent this problem is before you are going to put the tube in, measure the blank and tube to split the extra blank length. It doesn't have to be perfect but about 3/16" on each end is a good split.

Zebrawood

The kit for the Zebrawood is a designer twist PKMONT24 (no tenon).
Also, thanks Bob! I will remember that because I am going to be ordering
additional Hogs!

Top Bottom