Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Phillips

Well, at least you can't say I give up easily.... :D

Mystery Dario wood...
DarioWood.jpg

Mesquite....
MesquiteSlimline.jpg

Live oak with an attempt at a maple centerband.... shoulda read up on this before attempting it.. made every error possible I think...
LiveOakMapleCB.jpg

Oregon Myrtle wood with an acrylic black & yellow centerband... still not real sure what I am doing when I make my own centerbands...
MyrtleWoodAcrCB2.jpg

I am still waiting on the bushings to arrive... in the meantime I will search and try to find some info on making my own bushings... the ones I have are all worn down... so I miss big time on matching up the parts...

Thanks for looking... comments are always welcome...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I like the shape on the top one!

And the one with the maple centerband came out good I think- the way the band is tapered, it looks kind of like it's a centerband-less pen but the top half of the pen has a maple ring for accent.

OSCAR15

Marc: Seems to me you are your own worst critic (I do that too). I like the pens you made. They are different from the mainstream. As to mistakes, who among us can clain they never made one? If you look closely enough, you can find faults in the best made pen.
Also, if you want to change something you are doing, learn from your experience. I think those look great!

samuel07

Great pictures
Love the first one especially.

Although I would suggest a different pen stand, something that doesnt draw your eyes away from the pen.

Great job!!

rovercat

Nice pens. I like the photography also.
A saying I use a lot. "The only people that do not make mistakes are those that do not do anything. They just are a mistake."

Marc Phillips

Thanks all... guess I really shouldn't worry about it eh... I kinda feel like I am forever searching for a shape I like, a pen stand I like, tweaking the pics...

Man, sure is fun! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom