Is it still a Gent?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GaryMadore

GaryMadore

Hey gang,

I've been inactive for years but recently blew the dust off my lathe and dug through boxes of parts, kits, blanks, and potions....

I was playing today and have a question: So, what if you take a full size Gentlemen's fountain kit and hit it with some red dye diluted in isopropyl alcohol just before finishing? Is it still a Gentlemen's pen? Gentlewomen's?

This may keep me up at night...

(the blank is a firewood pile rescue)

Attachments

• gentlewomanpen.jpg
    gentlewomanpen.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Glad to have you back Gary, your skills have not suffered!

Well, a Gent is a Gent is a Gent... Looks mighty fine to me; and the color and grain are beautiful.

I have some very dull ash and beech in my firewood pile. I like your better :).

OZturner

Great Pen Gary,
I am not getting into the Gender of the Pen.
We have "Same Sex Marriage" as a hot item on our Political Agenda, for resolution.
So I am not game to express my opinion.

I would firstly go through your firewood stack with a Very Fine Tooth Comb, if that is the quality of Timber you are sending up in smoke.
An Excellent Blank, Great Fit and Finish, and Welcome back.
Congratulations,
Brian.

OZturner

Great Fit and Finish, and Welcome back.

Thanks a billion, Brian!

How's winter treating you down that way? :)

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary,
Well our Winter so far has been quite a bit cooler than we would normally expect,
We have noticed it more than normal, not just due to too many birthdays, but due mainly to our Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner (Our only means of Heating) deciding to give up the Ghost.
It took a couple of weeks to replace so we did it cold at least by our standards.
But of course as compared to those in your neck of the woods, our Winter temperatures of around 7 to 13 deg C, or perhaps a -2 deg Frost, almost amounts to a Winters heat wave for you, and your Southern Cousins.

Kindest regards, and I look forward to seeing some more of your work or firewood.
Brian.

Top Bottom