Sterling & wood pen, pure silver holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jrc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrc

Something new I'm going to try. The pen has sterling parts and the leaf is silver clay which is 99.9 pure silver. I used a leaf skelton to get an impression on the silver clay. Heat it with a propane torch for ten minutes and you have pure silver. The possibilities are endless.

20071014132437_Silver-clay.jpg

20071014132517_Silver-leaf.jpg

20071014132535_Sliver-leaf2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrc

The silver clay at the top, the leaf tip you can see the thickness. The first one is thinner but still very strong. You can work it and bend it if needed. You can fire some pmc clays on a gas stove. Check out PMC 3 silver clay on Google.

jrc

This is something new from Japan, mid 1990'S. Leave it to Japan to develop something wonderful like PMC Clay. The first PMC clay would swrink up to 25%, the newest PMC3 swrinks up to 12% and fires at a much lower temp. Like I said check them out on Google. I got a starter kit from http://www.pmcsupply.com/index.html
PMC srands for Precious Metal Clay. The clay dries overnight and hardens enough to hold to sand the edges and clean it up before firing.

jrc

That one is mounted. I will make them with the bottom open where the desk pen refill will stay extended. Later I will make pens to use parker or rollerball refills that will not retrack, so there allways ready to use.

jrc

I've thought about that but every different wood I use to make a pen I would have to make a stand out of that wood also. That's more than I can keep up with. I'm hoping next year I can sell several of these pens and stands and less of my other pens. I will not have much time to spend on the desk set till after Christmas. So far I have orders for 500 pens and my busiest time has not started yet. I'm passing on orders to my sister.

louisbry

Sorry, I didn't know that this is your intended mounting. I wrongly assumed it was in the rock for purposes of safely putting the torch to it. At any rate it is a great idea with beautiful execution.

jrc

I have some better photos. I let someone borrow my photo cube and lights and now I have them back. I realy get much better photos with it. Pen holder are made from the PMC Silver Clay
Leaf-pen-holder.JPG

Stand4.jpg

stand3.JPG

stand1.jpg

Bonsi Maple seed
Maple-seed.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom