Sterling Silver and Koa SLim Line

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mredburn

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have a friend I made a pen for back when I first started making pens 10+ years ago. Some one from the P.L.S. (Pen Liberation Society) one day made off with her pen. Seeing how she dropped several subtle hints and one great big one when the little ones didnt work. I made her a new pen. I wanted to make her a Sierra style and use one of the wonderful PR blanks I have. She wanted wood and a slimline, she likes the really thin Slims. Now this is my first CA finish on a pen. 4 coats of Med. CA. Micro meshed all the way. Considering I would take 3 to 4 days to finish this pen in Poly I was to say the least very pleased with the process and the results. The Koa blank was one from the group i had for sale earlier in the year. I really like the Sterling center band, it comes from her bead shop and i have used it on other slimlines as well. I need to pick up a few more of them. Anyway I would have gladly made her any style of pen but this is exactly what she wanted. Comments welcome
Mike

Attachments

• babs1.JPG
    babs1.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 172
  • babs2.JPG
    babs2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 203
  • babs3.JPG
    babs3.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 139
  • babs4.JPG
    babs4.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 152
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The hardware is solid sterling silver, The finial is one i made that i have gotten to favor for my slims. I do have a dome shape but prefer the stepped top. I try not to duplicate or copy the standard kit pieces, although the nib on this one is pretty close to most slimline nibs.
Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thank you Cav, I am working on F/P designs now but I am over whelmed at the moment. Im trying to learn cnc, redo the pictures, put kits together, make pens, and raise 2 grandchildren.......... whew! I also have some parts inlaid with opal and turqouise i need to post.:biggrin:

Top Bottom