Sterling Silver Baron FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

I finally got around to making pen!:D I've had a lot of commitments since first of year and finally made a pen. This is a Baron fountain pen in sterling silver. The wood is my first amboyna burl. It seems that every time I scan a silver/chrome pen, I get a green line on my photo!!:( I really need to set up a camera and do photos like Alice!!! Kirk[8D]

1294216_amboyna%20burl%20sterling%20silver%20fp001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodscavenger

Very nice. I have the same kit staring at me. Too many pen blank choices....curly koa, curly dyed poplar, desert ironwood, russian olive......
I bought a few extra tubes (nervous about screwing up) so I am going to create several sets before I decide which one I will bless with the sterling silver. I hope mine turns out half as nice.

PenWorks

An exceptional pen Kirk! A favorite wood of mine and love the sterling fountain. Great choices and fine workmanship. So is this a keeper for yourself?

Anthony

jkirkb94

I agree that it was difficult to figure out which of my blanks to use with my most expensive pen kit, Shane! Thanks to David Borek I have several beautiful burls to pick from. I was concerned with the amboyna of having blow outs. Various grain orientations. Luckily no problems![:D] Now if I can just find someone to buy it! Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom