Steampunk Watch pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

Been working on this for a few days. First attempt at making a pen using parts from a watch. Found the watch at a garage sale and thought it would make a nice pen. I wrapped the pen tubes in black carbon fiber and then glued the watch parts on using CA glue. I also replaced the piece in the cap with a gear from the watch and cast it in resin. The hardest part was rolling the watch face and not getting bends or creases in it. Not totally satisfied, but OK for first attempt. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I then cast the tubes in Liquid Diamonds resin using the casting mold from Maneaters. A great system and works perfectly. Liquid Diamonds is also a great product and beats Alumilite hands down as far as ease of use and the clarity of the finished product.
I will definitely be making more of these

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• Steampunk Marine Watch pen.jpg
    Steampunk Marine Watch pen.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Steampunk Marine Watch Pen2.jpg
    Steampunk Marine Watch Pen2.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmac

Gregory, I actually did cast right on the finial. I was very, very careful to shape it down and then lightly wet sanded starting at 600 up to about 8000 and then buffed with a scratch remover.

Thanks for all the comments, they are appreciated. This was a fun first time project

Bobby
Louisiana

Top Bottom