Steampunk Tribute

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marko50

Marko50

This is a simple CSUSA Artisan Cigar Click pen. It was a commissioned piece done for a customer who loves the Canadian rock band, "RUSH". Their latest album is called, "Clockwork Angels", which has a Steampunk theme running through the lyrics. :RockOn::RockOn:

If you look closely, the lower tube is a reproduction of their album cover. I tried to follow the Steampunk theme of the album, as the customer requested. C&C welcomed, as always!:)

Attachments

• DSC_3996.jpg
    DSC_3996.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC_3995.jpg
    DSC_3995.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC_4001.jpg
    DSC_4001.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 396
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I agree with KenV.... There's a lot of work in those blanks. Not simple!

It is very "Busy", but it looks good and I'm sure the customer will love it. ME: I would not change a thing!

The lower tube is a great repro of the album. :RockOn::RockOn:

Ver NIce!!!

OZturner

Great Concept, Design and Exercution Mark.
The detail is Superb, as is your Fit and Finish.
My eye just had to follow in detail every and each section, it was Real Eye Candy.
Congratulations,
Brian.

LeeR

This is a simple CSUSA Artisan Cigar Click pen. It was a commissioned piece done for a customer who loves the Canadian rock band, "RUSH". Their latest album is called, "Clockwork Angels", which has a Steampunk theme running through the lyrics. :RockOn::RockOn:

If you look closely, the lower tube is a reproduction of their album cover. I tried to follow the Steampunk theme of the album, as the customer requested. C&C welcomed, as always!:)

Very cool! I am a Rush fanatic. Even before Clockwork Angels, they were starting to make the steampunk move. Google "Neil Peart Time Machine Drum Set" and check out the drums he used starting with the Time Machine tour a couple years ago. And if you aren't familiar with Peart, watch one of his drum solo videos. (The three drums sets on a rotating platform is pretty neat ...) He is considered one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, drummers ever.

We now return you to the regular broadcast ...

EDIT: Its low res, but here is one of many pictures of the drum set.

Attachments

• drumset.jpg
    drumset.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Marko50

Red Barchetta...and so on and so forth

Who knew we had so many Rush fans on the IAP!! I've been listening since their first release in March of '74, but I can only claim that I've been to three concerts...then there's the one coming up in July in SLC. ...Tickets are in hand! Hmmmm...maybe I should do a second one and hand deliver it to Peart.? This one was done for a close friend that goes back to the high school days. He loved it. Went kinda freaky over it!:wink:

Top Bottom