Steampunk Polaris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rich gubbin

rich gubbin

Hi all,
I know its been a little over done recently but i was inspired by JJartwood,s work. I thought by using a longer blank it would give me more scope and show off the design better. C&C welcome.

Attachments

• steampunk polaris.jpg
    steampunk polaris.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 355
  • steampunk polaris2.jpg
    steampunk polaris2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 304
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I would not say this is over done at all. I also would say that this one of the best choices for hardware I have seen. I normally don't care for the polaris kit but you just found the perfect match for it. This pen is just awesome! Nice job.

JohnGreco

I have to agree with Mike. I think the ridges on the cap lend to the steampunk feel of the gears embedded in the casting. Nicely done!

eranox

That is a really, really cool pen. I'm going to have to stop browsing this forum, my list of things to try to make is getting way too long.

76winger

I think it looks REALLY NICE with that hardware and plating. It just looks like a good solid piece in its entirety. Great combination!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

rich gubbin

Thanks for the kind comments, im very tempted to try a full watch part job over the "metalwork" just as an experiment to see if it can be done without using a pressure pot. Janster i,ll mail you over the weekend.

reddwil

Thanks for the kind comments, im very tempted to try a full watch part job over the "metalwork" just as an experiment to see if it can be done without using a pressure pot. Janster i,ll mail you over the weekend.

Just finished one this week using a copper bulovia watch face. Turned out pretty good I thought. I'll get pictures posted soon.

Top Bottom