Steampunk Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

At the risk of boring you with another Steampunk i offer this for your review.

SP Fountain 1.JPG

SP Fountain 2.JPG

SP Fountain 5.JPG

SP Fountain 8.JPG

SP Fountain 9.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

A Terrific Steam Punk Fountain Pen, John.
Excellent Concept, with the Body and Cap.
Nice Clean Finish,
However a small point, some of the Holes in the body have Ragged Edges, from Drilling.
This is a Perennial Problem drilling into thin wall tube, as the edge of the Twist Drill is cutting the thin section progressively, as it descends the Curve, and hence is prone to tearing.
A suggestion, You could try drilling about 1/16" diameter smaller hole, and then using a Mounted Point Abrasive Stone to dress the hole to your desired diameter.
To avoid grinding the hole to large, you could shape the Mounted Point with a Diamond Dressing Point, to create a flat at your desired Diameter.
I appreciate this is a finicky item, but it jumped out at me, and I wouldn't be sincere, or comfortable, if I didn't mention it too you.
Excellent Work, John.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Jgrden

A Terrific Steam Punk Fountain Pen, John.
Excellent Concept, with the Body and Cap.
Nice Clean Finish,
However a small point, some of the Holes in the body have Ragged Edges, from Drilling.
This is a Perennial Problem drilling into thin wall tube, as the edge of the Twist Drill is cutting the thin section progressively, as it descends the Curve, and hence is prone to tearing.
A suggestion, You could try drilling about 1/16" diameter smaller hole, and then using a Mounted Point Abrasive Stone to dress the hole to your desired diameter.
To avoid grinding the hole to large, you could shape the Mounted Point with a Diamond Dressing Point, to create a flat at your desired Diameter.
I appreciate this is a finicky item, but it jumped out at me, and I wouldn't be sincere, or comfortable, if I didn't mention it too you.After magnifying the picture i see that the clip is a little canted as well. That was corrected.
Excellent Work, John.
Congratulations,
Brian.
Aha! I missed that. Thank you. How will these ever become Sharper Image quality without perfection.
Thank you, again OZBrian

Last edited:
Top Bottom