Steampunk Flowers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

I asked Woodforest National Bank if i could have one of their pens so that I could rob it of the spring. It was the only thing holding up progress on this pen.
So here it is. I hope you are not getting bored with this new venue.

:hypnotized:
SP Flowers 1.JPG

magpens

Bored ?? . Are you kidding ?

I look forward to every new thread of yours, John, and admiring your new-found creativity !!!!

Now, help me out with this one ... is that a "flower" being held erect by the weight of the quarter ?

Clearly the workings of a Sierra Twist (or similar) supporting the rest of the bouquet of pins.

Last edited:

Jgrden

Bored ?? . Are you kidding ?

I look forward to every new thread of yours, John, and admiring your new-found creativity !!!!

Now, help me out with this one ... is that a "flower" being held erect by the weight of the quarter ?

Clearly the workings of a Sierra Twist (or similar) supporting the rest of the bouquet of pins.
The Flower is an ornament Mary picked up at a hobby store. It uses a small brass washer as its base BUT while photographing on felt surface, would not stand up. The quarter was placed onto the washer to get it to stand up. The same piece of wire is used to make the arrangement a the top. Just bunched them together, cut with snips and solder then fit into hole in the top. The center was a left over coffee bean blank that did not work on the Dragon pen. The top tube was originally made for a rocket ship design but could never find a mate until now. It just happen to fit the top of the Sierra allowing it to twist open the pen tip. As McDonald's once said, while explaining what their chicken McNuggets were made of "parts is parts".

Better pictures of the torsion pen need be published. I was hasty in posting that one.

thank yo for your kind comments.

John

Top Bottom