"The Steampunk Collection" continues to grow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Si90

Si90

Hi all

Here are a couple more to add to the growing collection. The first is a commission based on one of my previous pens. This one is a Rollerball unlike the previous one which was a Fountain Pen. Little bit of redesigning to accommodate the refill spring and the acrylic accents replaced with more gauges. Slightly improved the gauges by fitting a clear acrylic lens which I cut from a clear acrylic rod and then polished.

The second one is based on a wist mechanism the same as the necklace pens I showed before. Incorporated into the design is a spirit level vial - not intended to be used as a spirit level :biggrin:

As always, thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

minus459

These are the most out of this world pens I have ever see.

I am blown away by them. WOW:)

I think you've seen to many scifi flicks and you might send some alien abductees running screaming to the nearest shrink. LOL

Last edited:

SDB777

I'd be interested in hearing about the 'timeline' involved in making something like this...I'm guessing 50 hours from concept to finish? Or I might be way off the mark.

Attention to the little details is amazing!

Scott (this was a commissioned pen?) B

ossaguy

Wow,another super cool pen!

I like the guages & the level on this one.

I love the imagination you have,can't wait to see how you top this!!!

Steve

Jgrden

I honestly have never seen any writing instrument like this. I love the aged polished brass, steam gauge, level bubble. You sir, are a true artist and craftsman. I would trade my whole wood working shop to be able to construct this instrument. WOW!!!

lorbay

These are the most out of this world pens I have ever see.

I am blown away by them. WOW:)

I think you've seen to many scifi flicks and you might send some alien abductees running screaming to the nearest shrink. LOL

I second that.
Lin

wiset1

Love these pens! There's nothing much to say other than I want one! Keep it up, they inspire fresh thought in an otherwise stagnant craft.

OZturner

Simon, You have blown us all away again with your creative Genius and Skill.
Your choice and arrangement of materials and components is incredible.
Your solder joints are neat and superbly finished, as are all the components.

In this one you have tried to "Level with us, so please tell ----
Does it make Cappuccino ?

Congratulations,
Brian.

southernclay

These are awesome, I found your etsy page, I don't know how long it takes to do a pen like this but your prices seem really inexpensive for the amount of work that appears to be involved....not that it's any of my business :)

Si90

I'd be interested in hearing about the 'timeline' involved in making something like this...I'm guessing 50 hours from concept to finish? Or I might be way off the mark.

They all start as a very rough outline in my head. I've only ever designed 1 on paper first (the one i showed made from 2 glass test tubes) and it ended up looking nothing like the design. The one with the spirit level vial started with just the simple thought "I bet a spirit level vial could look good"

50 hours is much longer than I spend, although once you get into it time just seems to vanish. More in the region of half that i would say if not a little less.

Your pens truly are priceless works of art in a class with no equal.

Maybe I should put my prices up:biggrin::biggrin:

These are awesome, I found your etsy page, I don't know how long it takes to do a pen like this but your prices seem really inexpensive for the amount of work that appears to be involved....not that it's any of my business :)

Thanks, glad you think they are worth it. I am refining my methods but finding that it is going to add significantly to the cost so I may have to put up the prices on the next ones.

Are those real tubes or 14 ga. Wire?

The pens use both tube and rod which are intended for model makers. The tubes are designed so that the next tube or rod down is a nice snug fit inside making for nice close joints.

Top Bottom