Steampunk Cable

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

'Tis done. After it fell apart three times and after four cables, this is what happened. Sorry about the appearance of the solder on this one. What was really exciting, to me, was the riveted brass plaque beneath the clip. Now if I can only figure out how to get my logo on the brass plate.

Steampunk Cable 1.JPG

Steampunk Cable 2.JPG

Sterampunk Cable 3.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Nice One John,
I believe the Brass Plaque on the Body below the Clip and above, and to the side of the Genuine Ruby, as per Photo's 1 & 3, is the one you wish to have your Logo On.
I am not acquainted with your Logo, but is it too Complicated to have it Engraved onto the Plaque?
If so, could you make a small Water Slide Decal, and place it on the Plaque, then give it a couple of coats of CA, to fix it?
Again Great Work, John.
Regards,
Brian.

Jgrden

Nice One John,
I believe the Brass Plaque on the Body below the Clip and above, and to the side of the Genuine Ruby, as per Photo's 1 & 3, is the one you wish to have your Logo On.
I am not acquainted with your Logo, but is it too Complicated to have it Engraved onto the Plaque?
If so, could you make a small Water Slide Decal, and place it on the Plaque, then give it a couple of coats of CA, to fix it?
Again Great Work, John.
Regards,
Brian.

Great idea. We have used slide decals and can make them. My wife is great at getting exactly what I want. Excellent idea. Thanks Brian.

Jgrden

Is that a Ball Point Pen under all of that spectacular workmanship ?

Just sayin' (hint hint)

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/ball-point-pen-contest-rules-145011/

Yuppers, going to be converted to a gel as soon as the next order gets here. Went ground through a company that charges 8.95 for Priority so it will take a while. Paying $6.99 for 5 gel refills and then another 8.95 shipping amakes one want to combine the order but I promised this to a client AND even after shipping it is cheaper than Box store prices, but don't tell the people I ordered these from.

Thank you for your view.,

John

Rounder

That looks really neat. Maybe another easier option on the cable might be guitar strings. The larger bass strings. Might have an easier time routing them around the pulleys.

Jgrden

That looks really neat. Maybe another easier option on the cable might be guitar strings. The larger bass strings. Might have an easier time routing them around the pulleys.

Thank you. I wonder if Ernie Ball has any lef overs? Excellent idea. Those copper wires were difficult.

Next are gears. Any ideas? Cannot find enough watch parts.
:)

OZturner

Thank you. I wonder if Ernie Ball has any lef overs? Excellent idea. Those copper wires were difficult.

Next are gears. Any ideas? Cannot find enough watch parts.
:)

John, go to Ebay and Search for 'steampunk watch parts".
That is where I get mine from.
They are not "Top Draw" Named Watch Dials, but with the Gears and Cog's etc., It is hard to tell the difference.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom