The "Steamkpunk Collection" continues to grow...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Si90

Si90

and shrink at an even quicker rate.

The 2 latest additions to the collection. The small necklace pen sold in my shop within a couple of days, its larger brother sold before I'd finished it and the next one which will be similar to the larger one here has sold and I haven't even started it yet. Happy times :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm getting a little more confident with the brazing of joints in close proximity to each other so the pens are starting to get a little more complex.

The final pen is another watch parts pen. The watch was given to a relative for his 18th birthday. He is now in is 70's and wanted to pass the watch on to his grand children but it didn't work so asked me to put the parts in a pen. I used as many as possible then added a few more from some other watches he gave me.

The face wouldn't bend unfortunately so I a spent 2 hours getting the brass movement plate to fit so it looks a little different to the usual watch parts pen.

As always thanks for taking the time to view my efforts. Until next time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great work as always Simon. You spent a lot of work getting that watch plate on there. How did you go about making it thinner? Maybe it is easier than the method that I use.

Mike

Si90

Great work as always Simon. You spent a lot of work getting that watch plate on there. How did you go about making it thinner? Maybe it is easier than the method that I use.

Mike

Not sure that there is any easy way. I just filed and sanded it. To get the fit as close as I could I wrapped a tube with abrasive paper and rubbed the bent piece along it until most of the inside showed the sanding marks. It was still quite thick in places as the machined out areas were getting quite thin. At the centre the cap is about 16.5 mm thick. Before I cast it i measure the thickest part of blank so that I know what diameter I can go down to without hitting the parts.

paintspill

your steampunks are the coolest thing i've seen, i love every one of them. and the depth of you watch pen is just unfeasible. it doesn't even seem possible to get that much stuff and still turn down the clear.
incredibly well done. and look forward to seeing more.

Marko50

HOME RUN, BABY!

Once again Simon, you've hit it out of the park! It. May. Go. All. The Way!!!! AWESOME STUFF!:biggrin:

Krankyankee

I am new to pen turning and really like what you've done...but someone has to say something about the quality of your photography....great job

Top Bottom