this steam punk kicked my butt.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

first off. I know everything I did wrong on this one so please don't tell me what I should have done. but I had to share

I also didn't bother with the light box cause I was just about ready to throw this one across the room. I should know when to give up but I'm also stubborn.

now for the rough parts. the cap top end cracked some where along way I put some ca in it to hold it together. and for the first time ever I tore the brass tube out and the bottom end, luckily it is a steam punk and it kinda blends in. kinda.

over all its not really that bad. the finish turned out great
thanks for looking.
most importantly its not so bad that it will scare me away from casting.

Attachments

• 100_5875.jpg
    100_5875.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_5876.jpg
    100_5876.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 100_5883.jpg
    100_5883.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 100_5880.jpg
    100_5880.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I'm guessing 9 out of 10 folks here wouldn't have picked up on what you pointed out.....

The foil needs some 'aging', the gears look 'bent' right(maybe a few more), and I didn't see any bubbles!

Scott (don't stop trying) B

jondavidj

I use aluminum HVAC tape and for the aging look use ebony rub n buff or you could use black paint. I have a tutorial in the library you can look at if you would like. Nice pen btw!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well Marc... I agree with Scott (I am one of the 90%). Your photography must be awful, because I still can't find the flaws!!!

I do agree that the foil will benefit from a rough coat stomping on the driveway, then a coat of "Buff-N-Rub/Rub-N-Buff". Easy to use... A 10 minute learning curve.

I like the pen!!!

paintspill

I'm guessing 9 out of 10 folks here wouldn't have picked up on what you pointed out.....

The foil needs some 'aging', the gears look 'bent' right(maybe a few more), and I didn't see any bubbles!

I realize most people wont but I'm my worst critic. better pictures would show it.

I did a light rub with some black pigment (all I had on hand at the time) definitely more aging then my last one. I didn't want it to look too busy.
and definitely no bubbles.

only my second one of these.
thanks for the positives guys. i'll just so it to all those bic pen toting peeps at work, they'll be blown away and that will build my spirits.

time to start the next one I suppose

Scott (don't stop trying) B

Scott (don't stop trying) B[/quote]

79spitfire

I like it, and I wouldn't have known any of those were "problems" if you hadn't pointed it out!

jfoh

The "maker" knows all the mistakes, others not so well. Point is that each new venture is a learning venture and as you learn you invent ways to get around your mistakes. As long as you keep trying and do not repeat too many errors you are good. And most people would be glad to make our mistakes and call them victories.

Top Bottom