Statesman Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here is the new Statesman Pen from CS. Photos not that good, but was in a hurry to post them as I just finished them. This is the platinum & 22K gold trim. I used my favorite wood for this set, Snakewood from pens of color. I think the kits are overpriced, but they are real nice. We just had a small group go in on an order to save us 20% off. We are going to do again with the Statesman Jr. Check it out at the group buy. Anthony

2004102814335_DSC00685.jpg

200410281449_DSC00682.jpg

2004102814435_DSC00688.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

They are about the easyest kit to make and assemble in my opinion, they use the same bushings and tubes as the Gent. The Jr. Statesman is just like the Jr. Gent, they are my all time favorite kit on the market.

Wayne

Scott

Very Nice Anthony! Thank you for the pictures - they really show the details of the kit, which the catalog doesn't.

Scott.

PenWorks

Fred, I agree with Wayne, very easy to make. Easy to turn larger barrels and no tenon to cut. About the only hard part is getting big enough blanks to cut. I split alot of blanks trying to cut a big hole in a small blank. One day I'll figure out you can't put 10lbs of dung in a 5lb bag. I just finished the platinum and black Ti, will post them tomarrow. Anthony

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very nice pen... how does it feel in the hand, especially interested in how the rollerball feels... this looks like exactly what I want to make for a gift for my lodge for our secretary to use... very classy... does the Jr feel better in the hand or the full size...

wayneis

Tom have you ever turned either of the Gentlemans kits? The only difference is decoration. As far as a pen for a lady goes, it would be my guess that the Statesman would be a little on the large size, about three quarters of an inch diameter at the wider part thy way that I prefer to turn them. The Jr. would be a much better size in my opinion, mine end up being approxamatly one half to five sixteenth of an inch. The way that I like to turn them is to give them a gentle curve, not just a streight barrell. Very similar to Anthony's photos, which I will add, Anthony you did a fantastic job. In size only, I would compare them to the Havana and the Perfect Fit Convertable. Something along those lines. Hope this helps a little.

Wayne

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
No I have not turned either of the Gentleman kits.... this would be for my Masonic Lodge so the secretary is a man... was thinking of doing a Bethlehem Olive pen with the platinum kit and gold trim.. I need to contact them about getting a really intensely figured piece of wood for the pen to make it even more memorable... This pen would remain at the lodge to be used by future secretaries... I was looking at the pictures and was wondering about the feel of the nib section of the rollerballs, which has the nicer feel for writing. Considering that the secretary would be writing for about 2 hours straight don't want him to get a hand cramp... LOL..

PenWorks

Hi Tom,It is very well balanace. I use one alot during the day. The cap does not post. If it did, the pen would be way to top heavy. What's nice about this pen, it is large enough to show off that nice piece of olive wood your talking about.Anthony

wayneis

Tom, I think that I would agree with Anthony and go with the regular size. On the regular Gentlemens or Statesman rollerball pens the nib holder is tappered and on the Jr.'s they recently went to a straight holder, by the holder I mean where one would hold the pen when writing. Like I said earlier, these have been my favorites and I've made almost every pen available from both Berea and CSUSA, not all but almost. Now with the Statesman coming out, to me its a step up, more class. I did a gent using red amboyna for my presonal pen that I take with me and I keep it in one of the really nice leather pouches from BB at AS and I can't tell you how many compliments I have recieved. Once in a while I'll pick out another of my pens and just do not get remarks and compliments that I do with the big Gent. If you look at my album (wayneis) on page six the last photo is a closeup of a Gentlemans rollerball made with Figured Bubinga. That will give you a good idea of how it looks. It really shows the tappered holder.

Hope I helped a little,
Regards, Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom