The Statesman family

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

I've had these kits for a while but have been hesitant to use them because I was waiting for the "right piece of wood". Statesman in green stabilized BEB (from AS) and Jr Statesman 2 in non-stabilized non-dyed BEB. Finished with Enduro and ren wax. Thanks for looking.

20051116231943_2st3.jpg

PS. I don't know why I'm still getting the "yellowing" in my pictures. Any of you photography gurus got any suggestions? Photos taken with a light tent, two halogen lights, macro mode with a tripod. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

The pens look very nice. What kind of lights are you using for your photos? It looks like regular incandescent which has a yellow cast. GE Reveal bulbs are much closer to the color of daylight.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />The pens look very nice. What kind of lights are you using for your photos? It looks like regular incandescent which has a yellow cast. GE Reveal bulbs are much closer to the color of daylight.

My thought also. I don't know what color halogen lights are, suspect very close to incandescent. Go with Reveals, bit longer exposure time but better color balance.

Paul Russell

See if your camera has a "White Balance" setting. Try different settings until you find the one that reduces the yellow indoors and remember it. When I found that in my camera, it was like magic for my photos. Mine doesn't remember the setting, so I have to do it everytime but the difference is like night and day.

darbytee

Thanks for the kind words and photography advice. I'll have to dig around for my camera's manual and see if I can figure out how to adjust the white balance. Thanks Jerry for adjusting this one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom