Statesman Closed end and custom Centerband and finial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

Here is a Statesman Roller ball with Australian (from Jorge - Robutacion) Corkscrew willow root burl and ebony. I took the center band apart and made a custom band and finial and capped the closed end with Ebony. About 10 coats of CA, MM (for first two grits), Huts plastic polish and Ren Wax.
C&C Welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_2181.jpg
    IMG_2181.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Now that is a great looking pen. I love custom finials on pens. Great job on the ebony. I thought it was ebonite or alumilite when I 1st looked.

I guess my only question is why use a statesman kit when a jr gent II would have worked as well, and saved you some money?:wink:

jyreene

Man so many pens techniques to keep trying to learn. I love my job but retirement seems like it would be fun if all I did was make things.

jyreene

Man so many pens techniques to keep trying to learn. I love my job but retirement seems like it would be fun if all I did was make things.

Wow that really makes me sound like an a hole. So maybe I should wish I were loaded and never had a need for money!

keithbyrd

Now that is a great looking pen. I love custom finials on pens. Great job on the ebony. I thought it was ebonite or alumilite when I 1st looked.

I guess my only question is why use a statesman kit when a jr gent II would have worked as well, and saved you some money?:wink:

The Statesman is a full sized pen and the JR Gent II is just that a Jr Gent. This was made for a customer to his specs - didn't cost me a thing!:biggrin:

BSea

The Statesman is a full sized pen and the JR Gent II is just that a Jr Gent. This was made for a customer to his specs - didn't cost me a thing!:biggrin:
OOOPS, your right, I didn't notice it was a full sized Statesman. But they do make a Senior Gent. Timberbits carries them. I think they're like $8.

But I was joking anyway. If you and your customer are happy, then that's all that matters. Too many times I think about how I make pens. Non of mine are pre-sold (so far at least). So If I was going to do something like that. I'd order a Senior Gent and when it came in, I'd make the pen. If a customer wanted a pen, and picked out the statesman for the project, that's what he'd get. Especially if I had the statesman and didn't have the Senior Gent.

And I stand by my earlier statement . . . . . Great looking pen!!

Top Bottom