Statesman BOW Cocobolo Herringbone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

One of Neil's Herringbones. I was either going to put it in an Imperial or a Statesman. The Statesman used more of the blank. I'm especially pleased with how I cut just the right amount from the middle so the pattern continues correctly past the CB.

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Your attention to detail paid off. The blank is awesome and you did an exceptional job with it.

Kaspar

Thanks, folks!

Now that is a stunning pen Eric . The blank is superb and the statesman kit is elegant without being gaudy , and your finish is awesome . A perfect pen .

Yeah, in the end, only the Statesman would do. It was a pricey blank, requiring a pricey kit, but it's also the main interest of the pen, so you want a good, but understated, kit.

I'm curious as to why the finish doesn't show up a little better in the pictures. In the sun, it's positively liquid.

Here it is open:

phillywood

Eric, that's awsome, very nice blank, kit and finish and it's not gaudy either.
I was wondering how many compliment can I give to have you doante that pen for a goos cause inspiration?:biggrin::biggrin::wink:
Or, should I not hold my breath? :eek:

bitshird

Eric, you did a fantastic job on an Amazing blank, the detail matching is awesome and the finish to me looks beautiful particularly in the open picture, Outstanding work from both you and Neil :wink::wink:

CaptG

That is one good looking pen. Terrific job by both of you. I have one of those blanks from Neil with BOW/mesquite and have been trying to decide what kit to use. I think you may have just made up my mind.

Kaspar

Thanks all!

Eric, that's awsome, very nice blank, kit and finish and it's not gaudy either.
I was wondering how many compliment can I give to have you doante that pen for a goos cause inspiration?:biggrin::biggrin::wink:
Or, should I not hold my breath? :eek:

If I hadn't laid out so much for the blank, and gone off budget to do so, I might consider it. But I've got to recoup some of that cost.

Outstanding work and finish on that one. The blank almost didn't go up for sale, I really liked it.

The combination of woods and the overall pattern and plan were spot on. Great blank. I liked your rainbow one too, but this one was too hard to resist.

Buzzzz4

Again, fantastic pen. Did you take out insurance on the blank when you were turning it? I can't imagine have that many pennies on the line. Well done!

PR_Princess

Sorry I missed this one earlier.:eek: But I'm sure glad that I saw it now!
What a beauty of a pen Eric!!! Just too stunning for words! Please pardon me while sit and drool over this one for a while..:tongue:

Gosh I love seeing your work!!

Top Bottom