Start you engines!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

My take on what a racing pen would be. Crossed over checkered flags in aluminum with aluminum parts. Pics actually came out pretty good today other than the fingerprints on the metal that seem impossible to get rid of..you wipe it off and set pen down only to put more fingerprints on it elsewhere :rolleyes:

nas1.jpg

nas2.jpg

nas3.jpg

nas4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Awesome pen Jeff!! Really like the checkered flag in aluminum. Looks like an auto accessory. :). Wonder if air brushing/etching the aluminum would help with the fingerprints..probably wouldn't look as nice..just a thought. Regards, Doc:)

76winger

Great looking pen Jeff! I'll bet some thin cotton gloves would help with the fingerprints issue during photo sessions. I've been considering trying some myself.

workinforwood

So did it take the whole 15 hours?

It looks real good Jeff.

Actually it took 16 hrs. The 4th axis got stuck at 45 minutes, god knows why, so I had to run back to zero and reset my equipment then start over. The actual cutting was around 15 hrs. I have one running with a plastic rod I made up and it's set at more than double the speed so should only take about 6.5 hrs in plastic. I could reprogram the depth and probably cut a plastic one out in about 4 hrs. It's pretty sweet..great gift idea if your wife is into nascar. :wink:

Drstrangefart

Looks great. Really looks like it had more than one person working on it for a few days. I really like the aluminum and black together. Looks like it has good weight, too.

IPD_Mr

So did it take the whole 15 hours?

It looks real good Jeff.

Actually it took 16 hrs. The 4th axis got stuck at 45 minutes, god knows why, so I had to run back to zero and reset my equipment then start over. The actual cutting was around 15 hrs. I have one running with a plastic rod I made up and it's set at more than double the speed so should only take about 6.5 hrs in plastic. I could reprogram the depth and probably cut a plastic one out in about 4 hrs. It's pretty sweet..great gift idea if your wife is into nascar. :wink:

While we both know that Mrs. is into NASCAR, I happen to know she is more into vintage Pelikans. The Pelikans stand a better chance of keeping me out of the dog house, or is that putting me in. I never can remember it is all so confusing. :tongue:

workinforwood

Time to make her a convert. When she pulls out her Pelikan nobody says a word, just another pen, when she pulls out this pen she'll get reactions. It doesn't look like just any other pen. It's a comfy pen and it's not heavy. It has some weight but not near the weight of a cigar kit pen. It's a little larger than a typical pen, so it takes getting used to that, but the size is good for the hands, reduces grip stress on the fingers as the pen practically writes by itself. You can't find another pen like this anywhere in the world and it's made in the USA!

ToddMR

Jeff, that is one fine looking design & pen. Wow! You did a great job. Almost makes me want to be a race fan, but I am not much into sports as a whole. :)

wiset1

That's sharp looking. I remember seeing the post for this and WOW, from concept to pen...Awesome!

workinforwood

You can't find another pen like this anywhere in the world and it's made in the USA!

By a Canadian American! :rolleyes: Looks fantastic, Jeff. That would look fantastic in my front pocket. Nice work. I think I need to make a stop to check out that machine.

I'll be home by noon today, have a doctor visit this morning..then I only have 5 completely free days left before I'm back to work, so you better hurry on by Eric! If you missed the snow, we have plenty of that you can put in your pocket too!

Buzzzz4

Wish I could! Crazy week at work, stopping by Gary's on Friday for lazer work then off to Utah for a week. I went through that storm last night. It was strange as we have no snow here.

moke

Jeff--
That is an awesome pen, very well done....as far as fingerprints, buy some white lintless gloves. In our Studio when we photograph small items that are shiney, we wear them, and actually wipe the item down with our fingers while wearing the gloves. There are never any prints or smudges and the better gloves are stretchy and are easy to work in. Any bigger photo store or website should have them.

Top Bottom