Stars & Stripes Nouveau Sceptre

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 76winger

76winger

After much fanfare (by me and to me mostly) I've complete my 200th pen today, and roughly at the 3-year anniversary of my pen turning which I started in Sept. of 2008. This is what I ended up making for the occasion:

Nouveau Sceptre 22k & Rhodium
Fitted with longer barrel from Majestic Jr.
Stars & Stripes kit for Majestic Jr.
Upgraded to Heritance nib

I'm always open to comments or criticism, so let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Thanks guys!

I hadn't seen any laser cut kits for the Sceptre either, and many just wouldn't go with the elegance of pen anyway. But I knew the barrel diameters were the same and the Majestic Jr. with only a slightly longer cap on the Jr. After some checking it looked like I could pull it off without making the clip look too short, so I decided to give it a try.

Now I just gotta order a set of replacement tubes for that Jr...:biggrin:

76winger

Thanks for all the praise everyone.

I had posted back earlier in the summer of my first two Stars & stripes attempts that were failures due to my assembling them dry and not getting the stars in deep enough. I'd only done about three more since then that came out OK, so I felt it a good time to try and add to the success with #200. Thanks to the tips I got from many on here I was able to pull it off.

Also thanks to the responses I got on another thread about nib replacement, I was able to pull that off with no issue and found it was easier than expected. The links Dawn posted to some videos were very helpful, albeit I didn't see them til after I performed the swap. Regardless, it'll be good information to review going forward.

I am making that exact kit on a Tycoon today - got the stars in and glued, the stripes are in and drying right now.

Hope mine looks that good.

Top Bottom