Stars and Stripes Jr. Gent Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BruceK

BruceK

starsandstripes640.jpg

I know you guys (and gals) have seen these before but I'm kind of proud of this one. First off it was for my uncle who just turned 90. He was a career Navy man, and ended up with the rank of captain. He was at Pearl Harbor on the battleship USS California on December 7th. At 90 he still has an amazing amount of energy. He still sails his 41 foot ketch sailboat with only one crewman in the local races in the San Juan Islands.

This was also the first pen where I got a CA finish that I was happy with. Sorry for the reflections in the picture, guess I need to set up some sort of light tent in the future. Thanks for looking!

Crossing my fingers the image attaches, it's my first try at that too...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

Haven't tried one of those yet (mostly because of my finishing skills, or lack thereof!), before I read the posting, my thought was, NICE FINISH! Good job on a pen for an even better reason.

BruceK

I want to thank everyone who has commented on this pen. It is pretty humbling to get kudos from this group of great pen craftsmen. Without the knowledge and willingness to share information that comes from the members on this website, I would of never been able to accomplished this. Thanks to you all!

And yes my Uncle Fred is one heck of a guy. I think the world of him.

Top Bottom