Stars and stripes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rfturner

Rfturner

This is the entry for the cartidge contest. I made this pen using a copper slimline kit, Heavily modified slimline transmision, a brass .308. The box is made to model after a 20mm mortar round and the star was hand filed on both sides to accept the pen. The .308 shell has stars and USA engraved on it, it was then powder coated clear. The upper section is a Navy blue corian that has little grooves and ridges for the red and white paint. It was totally unneccessary but I did accidentally bleed whill making this pen, it just made me think of the men and women that gave thier life for my freedom.

Attachments

• usa pen 1 - Copy.jpg
    usa pen 1 - Copy.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 155
  • USA pen 2 - Copy.jpg
    USA pen 2 - Copy.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 118
  • USA Pen 3 - Copy.jpg
    USA Pen 3 - Copy.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 127
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

I've never seen an engraved shellcase like that. It's very creative - nice job. Can you elaborate on what you did to the transmission? I'm interested in what you changed to make the pen work.

Regards,
Eric

Rfturner

I've never seen an engraved shellcase like that. It's very creative - nice job. Can you elaborate on what you did to the transmission? I'm interested in what you changed to make the pen work.

Regards,
Eric

The casing was short so it caused it to make the transmission too long as the ink cartridge went up and down. I had to file on the transmission so that the top blank slid over it near the brass section. It came out a little shorter then a usual transmission. I then had to drill on the section that hold the clip on. I did all the extra work on it so that whoever buys it does not have to modify the ink cartidge every time.

Top Bottom