Starry Starry Night Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timcbs

timcbs

Hey Everyone,

A little background on myself, first off I am not very artistic and can't draw at all, so the fact that this Pen turned out so well is Amazing and the picture don't even do the Pen justice.

The kit was a Robusto Rollerball Kit, that I bought from Woodcraft and I don't like this kit, the Blank was a Died Blue Buckeye Burl, this was the first time working with Aluminum and Inlace material, I incorporated the Big Dipper and the Moon in the design and I finished with 8 coats of CA,

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• StarryNight.jpg
    StarryNight.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 527
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sberger

Great looking pen. I did one out of a dark blue piece of corian and it looks like the night sky with a dark blue background and white flecks like stars. Pretty similar to your blank.
Steve

timcbs

I did not like the way the cap screwed onto the body, I crossed treaded it, this is the first time I have ever crossed treaded a pen also don't like the way the end on the body blank is squared off and I don't like the clip or the Gold Center Band, I am not trying to put down anyone kit and I buy kits from just about everyone, maybe it is just that artistic part coming out in me....

Bobalu

I did not like the way the cap screwed onto the body, I crossed treaded it, this is the first time I have ever crossed treaded a pen also don't like the way the end on the body blank is squared off and I don't like the clip or the Gold Center Band, I am not trying to put down anyone kit and I buy kits from just about everyone, maybe it is just that artistic part coming out in me....

I think you're not alone on this... Seems WC has discontinued selling it. I did pretty much the same thing with the threads on the cap. Still, it was a very large, heavy pen, and some like that.

timcbs

That is why I chose this kit to show of the design as much as possible, and Thank all of you for your kind comments....

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
". . . the Blank was a Died Blue Buckeye Burl, this was the first time working with Aluminum and Inlace material, I incorporated the Big Dipper and the Moon in the design and I finished with 8 coats of CA, . . . "

So did you use drill bits to make the holes for the inlace material? I'm assuming thats what you made the various sizes of stars for the Big Dipper.

Extremely creative and artistic! Don't limit yourself. You've already reached the stars! Its really a beautiful pen!

Last edited:

Chief Hill

Well you don't have to draw well to turn pens into your own creation. As you have proven now you are an artist in pen making.

timcbs

The Moon is made from 3/8 Aluminum and the stars were done with Silver Glitter Inlace, I used 3 different size drill bits to make the stars and they came out even better then I expected because they sparkle when the light hits them.

Last edited:

Rick_G

To bad you don't like the kit. You now have a great looking pen on a kit you don't like. Oh well you can always sell it or better yet give it to someone you really like. Great workmanship.

Top Bottom