Starry Night

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ed McDonnell

Ed McDonnell

Another cast carved core pen. White stars on a dark blue background, so I call it starry night. I'm a naming genius, huh? As I was turning the final shape I was thinking I should have stuck a moon and maybe a planet in there somewhere.....maybe next time.

I'm halfway to having my fourth of July pen.

Ed

Attachments

• Starry Night 1478 Web.jpg
    Starry Night 1478 Web.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 311
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Another cast carved core pen. White stars on a dark blue background, so I call it starry night. I'm a naming genius, huh? As I was turning the final shape I was thinking I should have stuck a moon and maybe a planet in there somewhere.....maybe next time.

I'm halfway to having my fourth of July pen.

Ed

That has been a thought in my mind for over 4 years now, and because of a move from Japan back to the US, 2 1/2 years of lathe down time has prevented me from attempting the stars, moon, planets and even galaxies. With different size stars even the Big Dipper or Orion or other. I haven't figured out how to put the Crab Nebula in it. :wink: :biggrin:

Go for it!

Ed McDonnell

Thanks for all the compliments and comments. It is a lot of stars isn't it....why limit yourself to just 50 stars when you can squeeze 144 on there...I think I'm out of control.

Hi Hank - Constellations seem like a pretty cool idea and a doable idea. I've got to figure out how to get more than two colors or the only planet that would really work with this technique is saturn....maybe mars, but that might just look like a big red star?

Nebulas would be really cool. Wonder if I can figure out how to easily cast them into the core (other than pasting on a picture). So many ideas....so little time.

Hi Ligget - Thanks for the really great idea. I had never even thought about that. I've got some pencil kits stashed away in a drawer somewhere. I'm going to have to break them out and get to work before July.

Ed

Top Bottom