Starburst and scallops 5 woods Aero

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

This one almost didn't happen.The first time around I gouged the end up squareing the CA on the ends.I thought I had ruined the blank,but after some positive encouragement(thanks fellas) I attempted my first oops bands.Looking at how it turned out I am wondering if the pen gods had a better idea of how this pen should look.I'm glad I screwed up.

The woods I used were:Tulipwood,Wenge,Zebrawood,Paduk,Ebony.
The hardware is a rose gold/black titanium Aero.

C&C appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN0657.jpg
    DSCN0657.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 441
  • DSCN0658.jpg
    DSCN0658.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCN0656.jpg
    DSCN0656.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN0655.jpg
    DSCN0655.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Fantastic pen. Fabulous save.

Blowouts and others 'oopsies' are put in our way to help us become better turners. I don't throw away any of my 'failed' attempts -- I merely put them aside until an idea comes along on how to use what is left.

Dale Lynch

Thanks everyone,I'm glad you like it.The ebony bands provided an excellent contrast to the rose.

Believe me I gave up on it Dan.After awhile though I got happy in the pants that I was sad in and got back to work fixen this pen.

Dale Lynch

Thanks again everyone for the complements.

I'm giving this one to the mother of my granddaughter.It's her 1st mothers day as a mom.

gebxtx

This one almost didn't happen.The first time around I gouged the end up squareing the CA on the ends.I thought I had ruined the blank,but after some positive encouragement(thanks fellas) I attempted my first oops bands.Looking at how it turned out I am wondering if the pen gods had a better idea of how this pen should look.I'm glad I screwed up.

The woods I used were:Tulipwood,Wenge,Zebrawood,Paduk,Ebony.
The hardware is a rose gold/black titanium Aero.

C&C appreciated.
Very ncie.

KMCloonan

Very cool starburst! I love the contrasting woods and the scallops. Very nicely done!

Edit: I just noticed this thread was from 2013. Still a very nice pen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom